Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
NAfME/PMEA Membership All band and orchestra directors must be members in good standing of NAfME/PMEA in order for their students to audition in December. Each member must have a current membership card.
2. Audition scales are to be performed by memory in eighth notes at a minimum tempo of quarter note = 120 mm. If the scales are not performed according to the stated eighth note rhythmic pattern, a scoring deduction will be made. SEE SCALE REQUIREMENTS for additional information about scales. The SCALE SCORING RUBRIC will be used for auditions this year.
2. Click the links below for Scoring Breakdowns. SOLO and SCALE scoring guides are utilized.
Brass/Woodwind/String Solo Scoring Rubric (pdf)
Sight-Reading Scoring Rubric (Strings Only) (pdf)
Total Percussion Scoring Rubric (pdf)
Scale Scoring Rubric (pdf)
Scoring Rubric for Orchestra (Proposal - Updated 6/1/2014) (.pdf)
3. All timpanists will try out on the timpani provided by District 7. No one may bring their own timpani.
4. Students are allowed a brief "warm up" in the audition room.
5. All auditions will be "blind" auditions. Judges will not be permitted to face the student during the audition process.
6. Students will not be permitted to practice in the hallway when auditions are in progress.
7. Audition results will be posted for the Band and Orchestra directors. Students will be informed of their audition placement via their directors. Students who are selected to participate in a festival will receive their festival music and information packet from their school director.
Drag & drop your tab 3 content here
1. Band & Orchestra online registration will be active on October 1st, 2014 and end November 15th, 2014 . Please check the District 7 web site after that time.
2. All fees for auditions should be sent to the District 7 Secretary-Treasurer and must be received by November 20th. Please send one check for registration fees for your school. If registration fees are not received by this date but students were registered, the director's school principal will be notified. This action was approved by the District 7 Executive Board.
Send Fees To:
Mr. Jim Martini
PMEA District 7 Treasurer
4412 Sherwood Dr.
Dover, PA 17315
ALL FEES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO PMEA.
Participation Fee: $30.00 per school district
Registration Fee: $ 7.00 per student
No student will be allowed to audition if fees are not paid.
Please note: "A late fee of $20.00 per student, up to a total of $100.00, will be assessed for any student registration received after November 16, 2014. This is in addition to the $5.00 per pupil fee and the $25.00 per school district fee."
3. If your school has separate orchestra and band directors, each director must register individually online. Both directors will receive confirmation mailings.
4. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of the check.
5. Committee assignments and other pertinent information will be sent prior to the audition day.
6. Number of students in tryouts:
7. Students are expected to remain for the entire day of auditions unless the appropriate EARLY DISMISSAL FORM is completed and submitted to the District 7 President on the day of auditions.
8. ALL DIRECTORS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY OF AUDITIONS. In the event of an unusual circumstance in which the director cannot be present, another PMEA member in good standing may be substituted only if given permission by the District 7 President. It is the director's responsibility to make all arrangements if something of this nature occurs. If a director or an approved substitute is not present for auditions, students from that director's school will be disqualified.
Band & Orchestra
Director's Meeting: 7:30am
Director's Meeting after completion of auditions: Late Afternoon
9. The only official repertoire list is the one posted on this website (click REPERTOIRE above). It is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct edition and publisher.
10. All directors will serve as judges on the day of the auditions. Qualifications to serve as an audition judge include:
- Active membership in NAfME/PMEA (student teachers excluded, but their assistance is absolutely necessary!)
- Availability for the entire audition.
Drag & drop your tab 4 content here
B. Only students in grades 10-12 are eligible for Region State festivals.
C. Students must be in ‘good standing’ in their school’s band, orchestra, chorus, or jazz ensemble to be eligible for the respective festival. Exceptions may be granted only if the school does not have provisions for said ensemble participation.
D. Students must be able to attend the entire Festival from registration through the final concert. Exceptions may be made for illness providing the student missed no more that four (4) hours of rehearsal time. Exceptions will be handled according to PMEA guidelines.
E. Students should not apply to auditions for a District Festival if, for any reason, including religious activity, they plan to miss a part of the festival. A student must participate in the complete festival program commencing with registration and concluding with the final concert, except in the case of illness that must be verified in writing by a physician within 5 days of the festival. Students must rehearse and perform all musical compositions selected for the concert.
F. Students must earn membership in a District 7 Festival through a “selective” audition.
G. Home schooled, Cyberschooled and Cyber Charterschooled students will be eligible to participate in PMEA festivals if they are sponsored by their local school district and the appropriate PMEA member/director and if they are members, in good standing, of the local school district’s respective ensemble(s) relative to the festival. (PMEA Policy, January 8, 2011)
Drag & drop content here