Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Auditions: Saturday, Oct 24, 2020, 7:30 am
Where: Central York High School, 601 Mundis Mill Road, York, PA 17406
Audition Bad Weather Date:
1. Numbers allowed to audition:
2. Piano accompanist auditions - Eligibility
3. ALL DIRECTORS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY OF AUDITIONS. All directors must attend the pre-audition meeting at 7:30 am and the post-audition meeting held at the conclusion of auditions. In the event of an unusual circumstance by which a director cannot be present, another PMEA member in good standing may be substituted only if given permission by the District 7 President.
4. Please note: A late fee of $20 per student will be assessed for any student registration after October 15th. This late fee is in addition to the regular $7 per student audition fee and $30 school district fee.
5. Students who require an early audition for school-related events must be registered for Early Auditions. No last-minute requests for early auditions will be permitted.
7. Directors are responsible to make sure they have the official editions and publisher of the audition music. These copies are made available on the “Audition Repertoire” page.
8. Directors are encouraged to add email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com to their contacts list so that your district spam filter doesn’t kick out important emails.
9. Directors will receive audition assignments and final student audition lists through an email the week before auditions. These assignments and lists will also be posted to the District 7 website.
10. Equal Representation:
Choral Audition Chairman:
(use for all audition related business)
STUDENTS WILL NOT AUDITION IF FEES ARE NOT PAID IN FULL BEFORE THE AUDITION
Please inform the tech person in your school district that you need to be allowed to receive mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
2020-2021 Vocal and Piano Accompanist Auditions Repertoire
"Kyrie" from Mass in E-flat - Josef Gabriel Rheinberger
"How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place" - Johannes Brahms
"How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place" - Johannes Brahms
"Achieved is the Glorious Work" from The Creation - Franz Joseph Haydn
Accompanists must be prepared to play the accompaniment and the parts on the open score for their audition.
All audition material can be found here.
Audition repertoire clarifications/corrections:
This year's practice tracks are provided for each individual voice part. Please note that the "All Parts for Audition" recording is what will be used for audition day.
Drag & drop your tab 3 content here
ALL FEES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO: PMEA.
1. Chorus online registration will be active on September 1st and end October 15th at 3:00pm.
2. If you need to register yourself or a student after the deadline, please contact Nick Curry at email@example.com. Late registration closes at 3:00pm on the Monday prior to auditions.
3. All fees for auditions should be sent to the District 7 Secretary-Treasurer and must be received by Friday, one week prior to auditions. Please send one check for registration fees for your school. If registration fees are not received by this date but students were registered, the director's school principal will be notified. This action was approved by the District 7 Executive Board.
Participation Fee: $30.00 per school district
Registration Fee: $ 7.00 per student
Late Fee: $ 20.00 per student
No student will audition if fees are not paid.
Drag & drop your tab 4 content here
B. Only students in grades 10-12 are eligible for Region State festivals.
C. Students must be in ‘good standing’ in their school’s band, orchestra, chorus, or jazz ensemble to be eligible for the respective festival. Exceptions may be granted only if the school does not have provisions for said ensemble participation.
D. Students must be able to attend the entire Festival from registration through the final concert. Exceptions may be made for illness providing the student missed no more that four (4) hours of rehearsal time. Exceptions will be handled according to PMEA guidelines.
E. Students should not apply to auditions for a District Festival if, for any reason, including religious activity, they plan to miss a part of the festival. A student must participate in the complete festival program commencing with registration and concluding with the final concert, except in the case of illness that must be verified in writing by a physician within 5 days of the festival. Students must rehearse and perform all musical compositions selected for the concert.
F. Students must earn membership in a District 7 Festival through a “selective” audition.
G. Home schooled, Cyberschooled and Cyber Charterschooled students will be eligible to participate in PMEA festivals if they are sponsored by their local school district and the appropriate PMEA member/director and if they are members, in good standing, of the local school district’s respective ensemble(s) relative to the festival. (PMEA Policy, January 8, 2011)
Drag & drop your tab 5 content here
2021 PMEA All-State Chorus Accompanist Audition
More Information including SUBMITTABLE “Windows of Opportunity” and Instructions will be available soon.
Questions please contact Mary Lynne Peters- PMEA All- State Festival Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Drag & drop content here