Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Auditions: Saturday, Oct 26, 2019, 7:30 am
Where: Central York High School, 601 Mundis Mill Road, York, PA 17406
Audition Bad Weather Date: Saturday, Nov 2, 2019, 7:30 am
1. Numbers allowed to audition:
2. Piano accompanist auditions - Eligibility
4. Please note: A late fee of $20 per student will be assessed for any student registration after October 15. This late fee is in addition to the regular $7 per student audition fee and $30 school district fee.
5. Students who require an early audition for school-related events must be registered for Early Auditions. No last-minute requests for early auditions will be permitted.
6. Directors should submit their registration only when certain of their students’ voice parts and their early/normal audition status. There is no advantage to submitting registration early.
7. Please note: There is a late fee of $20/student for any registrations after the October 15 deadline. That is in addition to the $7/student fee and the $30/school district fee. Students will not be permitted to audition if fees are not paid in full before the audition date.
8. Directors are responsible to make sure they have the official editions and publisher of the audition music. These copies are made available on the “Repertoire” page.
9. Directors are encouraged to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contacts list so that your district spam filter doesn’t kick out important emails.
10. Directors will receive audition assignments and final student audition lists through an email the week before auditions. These assignments and lists will also be posted to the District 7 website.
11. Equal Representation:
Choral Audition Chairman:
(use for all audition related business)
YOUR STUDENTS WILL NOT AUDITION IF THESE FEES ARE NOT PAID IN FULL BEFORE THE AUDITION
Please inform the tech person in your school district that you need to be allowed to receive mail from email@example.com.
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
2019-2020 Vocal Auditions Rehearsal Tracks
Rehearsal Tracks (MIDI, mp3) - Available for download on the MEMBERS ONLY site These accompaniment recordings are used for the actual choral audition.
2019-2020 Vocal and Piano Accompanist Auditions Repertoire
Os Justi* – A. Bruckner - A CAPPELLA AUDITION
Regina Coeli KV 276 – W. A. Mozart - STUDENTS MUST LEARN THE ENTIRE PIECE INCLUDING SOLOS
Regina Coeli KV 276 – W. A. Mozart
Cantique de Jean Racine – G. Faure
Accompanists must be prepared to play the accompaniment and the parts on the open score for their audition
PDF versions of the vocal audition pieces are available for download on the MEMBERS ONLY site
Audition repertoire clarifications/corrections:
Drag & drop your tab 3 content here
ALL FEES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO: PMEA.
1. Chorus online registration will be active on September 1st and end October 15 at 3:00pm . Please check the District 7 web site after that time.
2. All fees for auditions should be sent to the District 7 Secretary-Treasurer and must be received by Friday, one week prior to auditions. Please send one check for registration fees for your school. If registration fees are not received by this date but students were registered, the director's school principal will be notified. This action was approved by the District 7 Executive Board.
Participation Fee: $30.00 per school district
Registration Fee: $ 7.00 per student
Late Fee: $ 20.00 per student
SEND FEES TO:
Mr. Jim Martini
PMEA District 7 Treasurer
PO Box 277
Emigsville, PA. 17318
No student will audition if fees are not paid.
Please note: A late fee of $20 per student will be assessed for any student registration after October 15. This late fee is in addition to the regular $7 per student audition fee and $30 school district fee.
The cut-off date for all registrations will be 11:59 PM on the Monday preceding the audition date. No registrations will be accepted after the cut-off date.
Directors with students registered MUST attend auditions, even if all of their students withdraw, UNLESS notice is given to the Audition Chair prior to 3:00 PM on the Monday preceding auditions. Failure of a director to meet this obligation may result in that director’s students being ineligible to audition the following year.
- All students must be members of their respective school’s choral organization
- All students must be in grades 9-12. (please note: 9thgraders are not eligible for Region Choir)
- Soprano 1s & 2s, and Alto 1s & 2s are limited to 5 students per part per school.
- There is no limit on the number of Tenors and Basses that a school can send but students should have the potential to be District-level vocalists.
- We strongly recommend that students audition on the voice part that aligns with a healthy singing range. The interest is to protect the vocal health and development of our young singers.
4. Students needing an early audition need to be registered that way. No last minute changes will be made. Students who have early auditions and leave auditions early forfeit their right to check their scores later. Early Dismissal Form.
5. If a director has a son or daughter auditioning, please contact the audition chairman so the director can be assigned to a different voice part.
6. Additional judges are always needed. Qualifications to serve as a tryout judge include:
- Active membership in MENC/PMEA (student teachers excluded)
- Availability for the entire audition
- If an additional judge(s) is coming from your school, please inform the audition chairman by the close of registrations so that person can be included in the original judging assignments list.
Drag & drop your tab 4 content here
B. Only students in grades 10-12 are eligible for Region State festivals.
C. Students must be in ‘good standing’ in their school’s band, orchestra, chorus, or jazz ensemble to be eligible for the respective festival. Exceptions may be granted only if the school does not have provisions for said ensemble participation.
D. Students must be able to attend the entire Festival from registration through the final concert. Exceptions may be made for illness providing the student missed no more that four (4) hours of rehearsal time. Exceptions will be handled according to PMEA guidelines.
E. Students should not apply to auditions for a District Festival if, for any reason, including religious activity, they plan to miss a part of the festival. A student must participate in the complete festival program commencing with registration and concluding with the final concert, except in the case of illness that must be verified in writing by a physician within 5 days of the festival. Students must rehearse and perform all musical compositions selected for the concert.
F. Students must earn membership in a District 7 Festival through a “selective” audition.
G. Home schooled, Cyberschooled and Cyber Charterschooled students will be eligible to participate in PMEA festivals if they are sponsored by their local school district and the appropriate PMEA member/director and if they are members, in good standing, of the local school district’s respective ensemble(s) relative to the festival. (PMEA Policy, January 8, 2011)
Drag & drop your tab 5 content here
2019 PMEA All-State Chorus Accompanist Audition
More Information including SUBMITTABLE “Windows of Opportunity” and Instructions will be available soon.
Questions please contact Mary Lynne Peters- PMEA All- State Festival Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Drag & drop content here