Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
All directors MUST read this information before proceeding to registration.
Auditions: Saturday, Oct 28, 2017
Where: Central York High School, 601 Mundis Mill Road, York, PA 17406
Audition Bad Weather Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
1. Numbers allowed to audition:
2. Piano accompanist auditions will be held the same day as choral auditions. Students auditioning must be in grades 10-12 and must be registered at the time of Choral Registrations. Qualified students may audition both as vocalists and as accompanists. In addition to preparing accompaniments, students should be prepared to play up to four voice parts for both selections.
3. All directors will be required to be in attendance the entire day and at the
pre-audition meeting at 7:30AM and the post audition meeting at the
conclusion of auditions.
4. Please note: A late fee of $20 per student will be assessed for any student registration after October 15. This late fee is in addition to the regular $7 per student audition fee and $30 school district fee.
Choral Audition Chairman:
(use for all audition related business)
YOUR STUDENTS WILL NOT AUDITION IF THESE FEES ARE NOT PAID IN FULL BEFORE THE AUDITION
DO NOT REGISTER MORE THAN ONE TIME! DO NOT REGISTER MORE THAN ONE TIME!
If you forgot to register a student, CALL THE AUDITION CHAIR WITH THE INFORMATION and the student will be registered for you.
DO NOT ADD A STUDENT BY REGISTERING MORE THAN ONE TIME.
8. Please inform the tech person in your school district that you need to be allowed to receive mail from email@example.com.
9. NOTE: Director assignments and final student audition lists, etc. will be e-mailed the week before auditions. Since some of your district SPAM filters will not allow this information to be delivered, this information will also be posted on the District 7 website
10. Equal Representation- Schools are eligible for equal representation of one student if that school did not place a student in District Chorus. Directors must request the Equal Representation in writing with the audition chair BEFORE leaving the audition site.
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
2018-2019 Vocal Auditions Rehearsal Tracks
Rehearsal Tracks (MIDI, mp3) - Available for download on the MEMBERS ONLY site These accompaniment recordings are used for the actual choral audition.
2018-2019 Vocal and Piano Accompanist Auditions Repertoire
Sing Joyfully (pdf) by William Byrd (a cappella vocal audition)
Music, Spread Thy Voice Around by G. F. Handel (accompanied vocal audition and piano accompanist audition)
[Please note that this edition for “Music, spread thy voice around” is the corrected “official” version we are using for auditions]
Accompanists must be prepared to play the accompaniment and the parts on the open SSATB score for their audition
J’entend le Moulin by Daniel Patriquin published by Earthsongs (piano accompanist audition) This is a published work and not available on the website).
Please note that there is a published Piano only part [W-10A/ S-06A]; an SATB Vocal score [S-06]; and a Full SATB Score [S-06FULL] available from the publisher.
Accompanists must be prepared to play the accompaniment and the parts on the open SATB score for their audition.
PDF versions of the vocal audition pieces are available for download on the MEMBERS ONLY site
Audition repertoire clarifications/corrections:
Drag & drop your tab 3 content here
NAfME/PMEA Membership: ONLY DIRECTORS MAY REGISTER STUDENTS. All choral directors must be members in good standing with NAfME/PMEA in order for their students to audition in October. Each member must have a current membership card. Identification number and expiration date must be listed on the registration form.
ALL FEES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO: PMEA.
1. Chorus online registration will be active on September 1st and end October 15th . Please check the District 7 web site after that time.
2. All fees for auditions should be sent to the District 7 Secretary-Treasurer and must be received by Friday, one week prior to auditions. Please send one check for registration fees for your school. If registration fees are not received by this date but students were registered, the director's school principal will be notified. This action was approved by the District 7 Executive Board.
Participation Fee: $30.00 per school district
Registration Fee: $ 7.00 per student
SEND FEES TO:
Mr. Jim Martini
PMEA District 7 Treasurer
4412 Sherwood Dr.
Dover, PA 17315
EARLY DISMISSAL FORM
No student will audition if fees are not paid.
Please note: A late fee of $20 per student will be assessed for any student registration after October 15. This late fee is in addition to the regular $7 per student audition fee and $30 school district fee.
The cut-off date for all registrations will be 3:00 PM on the Monday preceding the audition date. No registrations will be accepted after the cut-off date.
Directors with students registered MUST attend auditions, even if all of their students withdraw, UNLESS notice is given to the Audition Chair prior to 3:00 PM on the Monday preceding auditions. Failure of a director to meet this obligation may result in that director’s students being ineligible to audition the following year.
- Sop1, Sop2, Alto1, Alto2 - limit 5 per part
- enor 1, Tenor 2, Bass 1, Bass 2 - unlimited but caution to send only district caliber vocalists
- Auditions are for students in grades 9-10-11-12 only
4. Students needing an early audition need to be registered that way. No last minute changes will be made. Students who have early auditions and leave auditions early forfeit their right to check their scores later. Early Dismissal Form
5. ALL DIRECTORS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY OF AUDITIONS. All Directors must be in attendance at the director’s meeting to be held at the end of auditions. In the event of an unusual circumstance in which the director cannot be present, another PMEA member in good standing may be substituted only if given permission by the District 7 President.
6. Each student must be a member of their respective school choral organization in order to be eligible for auditions.
7. The only official music list is the one posted on this website. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct edition and publisher of the music used.
8. Additional judges are always needed. Qualifications to serve as a tryout judge include:
- Active membership in MENC/PMEA (student teachers excluded)
- Availability for the entire audition
- If an additional judge(s) is coming from your school, please inform the audition chairman by the close of registrations so that person can be included in the original judging assignments list.
9. If a director has a son or daughter auditioning, please contact the audition chairman so the director can be assigned to a different voice part.
Drag & drop your tab 4 content here
B. Only students in grades 10-12 are eligible for Region State festivals.
C. Students must be in ‘good standing’ in their school’s band, orchestra, chorus, or jazz ensemble to be eligible for the respective festival. Exceptions may be granted only if the school does not have provisions for said ensemble participation.
D. Students must be able to attend the entire Festival from registration through the final concert. Exceptions may be made for illness providing the student missed no more that four (4) hours of rehearsal time. Exceptions will be handled according to PMEA guidelines.
E. Students should not apply to auditions for a District Festival if, for any reason, including religious activity, they plan to miss a part of the festival. A student must participate in the complete festival program commencing with registration and concluding with the final concert, except in the case of illness that must be verified in writing by a physician within 5 days of the festival. Students must rehearse and perform all musical compositions selected for the concert.
F. Students must earn membership in a District 7 Festival through a “selective” audition.
G. Home schooled, Cyberschooled and Cyber Charterschooled students will be eligible to participate in PMEA festivals if they are sponsored by their local school district and the appropriate PMEA member/director and if they are members, in good standing, of the local school district’s respective ensemble(s) relative to the festival. (PMEA Policy, January 8, 2011)
Drag & drop your tab 5 content here
2018 PMEA All-State Chorus Accompanist Audition
More Information including SUBMITTABLE “Windows of Opportunity” and Instructions will be available soon.
Questions please contact Mary Lynne Peters- PMEA All- State Festival Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Drag & drop content here