Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
ONLY directors may register students for auditions. All band and orchestra directors must be members in good standing of NAfME/PMEA in order for their students to audition in December. Each member must have a current membership card.
Auditions: Saturday, December 12, 2020
Where: Virtual with Chairs running Zoom sessions from Central York High School
Site Host: Keith Gromis
Bad Weather Date:
2020 District 7 Band and Orchestra Audition Selections & Procedures
Early Dismissal Form
1. The only official repertoire list is the one posted on this website. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct edition and publisher. Students must use the officially announced edition of the solo. The official repertoire list is published in May for the auditions the following December:SCALE REQUIREMENTS for additional information about scales. The SCALE SCORING GUIDE will be used for auditions this year.
3. Click the links below for Scoring Breakdowns. SOLO and SCALE scoring guides are utilized.
Brass/Woodwind/String Solo Scoring Rubric (PDF)
Total Percussion Scoring Rubric (PDF)
Scale Scoring Rubric (PDF)
Percussion Audition Procedure (PDF)
4. All timpanists will try out on the timpani provided by District 7. No one may bring their own timpani.
5. Students are allowed a brief "warm up" in the audition room.
6. All auditions will be "blind" auditions. Judges will not be permitted to face the student during the audition process.
7. Students will not be permitted to practice in the hallway when auditions are in progress.
8. Audition results will be distributed to the Band and Orchestra directors. Students will be informed of their audition placement via their directors. Students who are selected to participate in a festival will receive their festival music and information packet from their school director.
9. Passages marked "cadenza" may not be selected for district audition passages. If you have questions, please contact the band and orchestra repertoire chair and/or band and orchestra audition chair.
BORCH Audition Chairman:
(use for all audition related business)
1) Movement I, Full measure 8, the F thirty-second note should be an F# (just like the F# eighth note at the end of that measure)
2) Movement II, Measure 13, in the second beat, second 16th note: this note should be a C, not a D
3) Movement I: disregard the tempo marking "(in 6)". It is more helpful to think of this movement in a quicker 12 or a slow 4, whichever is preferred by the student.
Movement I is marked "Allegro moderato", Movement II is marked "Romanza - Andante" and ends at the "Rondo - Allegro vivace" marking.
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
ALL FEES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO: PMEA.
1. Band & Orchestra online registration will be active on October 1st and end November 15 at 3:00pm.
2. All fees for auditions should be sent to the District 7 Secretary-Treasurer and must be received by Friday, one week prior to auditions. Please send one check for registration fees for your school. If registration fees are not received by this date but students were registered, the director's school principal will be notified. This action was approved by the District 7 Executive Board.
Participation Fee: $30.00 per school district
Registration Fee: $ 7.00 per student
Late Fee: $ 20.00 per student
Visit the MEMBERS SITE for registration information.
SEND FEES TO:
Mr. Jim Martini
PMEA District 7 Treasurer
PO Box 277
Emigsville, PA. 17318
Drag & drop your tab 3 content here
B. Only students in grades 10-12 are eligible for Region and All-State festivals.
C. Students must be in ‘good standing’ in their school’s band or orchestra to be eligible for the respective festival. Exceptions may be granted only if the school does not have provisions for said ensemble participation.
D. Students must be able to attend the entire Festival from registration through the final concert. Exceptions may be made for illness, providing the student missed no more that four (4) hours of rehearsal time. Exceptions will be handled according to PMEA guidelines.
E. Students should not apply to auditions for a District Festival if, for any reason, including religious activity, they plan to miss a part of the festival. A student must participate in the complete festival program commencing with registration and concluding with the final concert, except in the case of illness that must be verified in writing by a physician within 5 days of the festival. Students must rehearse and perform all musical compositions selected for the concert.
F. Students must earn membership in a District 7 Festival through a “selective” audition.
G. Home schooled, Cyberschooled and Cyber Charterschooled students will be eligible to participate in PMEA festivals if they are sponsored by their local school district and the appropriate PMEA member/director and if they are members, in good standing, of the local school district’s respective ensemble(s) relative to the festival. (PMEA Policy, January 8, 2011)
Drag & drop your tab 4 content here
2021 PMEA All-State At-Large and Harp Auditions
PMEA All-State Audition Repertoire – At-Large Instruments
More Information including SUBMITTABLE “Windows of Opportunity” and Instructions will be available soon.
Questions please contact Mary Lynne Peters- PMEA All- State Festival Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Drag & drop content here