Arrows may not center when in edit mode. Once site is published, the arrow will be centered on the tab
When the site is published, this border and note will not show up.
Drag & drop your tab 1 content here
Drag & drop your tab 2 content here
ONLY directors may register students for auditions. All band and orchestra directors must be members in good standing of NAfME/PMEA in order for their students to audition in December. Each member must have a current membership card.
Auditions: Saturday, Dec 3, 2016
Where: Dallastown Area Senior High School, 700 New School Lane, Dallastown, PA 17313
Bad Weather Date: Saturday, Dec 10, 2016
Early Dismissal Form
1. The only official repertoire list is the one posted on this website. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct edition and publisher. Students must use the officially announced edition of the solo. The official repertoire list is published in May for the auditions the following December:
2. Audition scales are to be performed by memory in eighth notes at a minimum tempo of quarter note = 120 mm. If the scales are not performed according to the stated eighth note rhythmic pattern, a scoring deduction will be made. See SCALE REQUIREMENTS for additional information about scales. The SCALE SCORING GUIDE will be used for auditions this year.
3. Click the links below for Scoring Breakdowns. SOLO and SCALE scoring guides are utilized.
Brass/Woodwind/String Solo Scoring Rubric (pdf)
Sight-Reading Scoring Rubric (Strings Only) (pdf)
Total Percussion Scoring Rubric (pdf)
Scale Scoring Rubric (pdf)
Percussion Audition Procedure (PDF)
4. All timpanists will try out on the timpani provided by District 7. No one may bring their own timpani.
5. Students are allowed a brief "warm up" in the audition room.
6. All auditions will be "blind" auditions. Judges will not be permitted to face the student during the audition process.
7. Students will not be permitted to practice in the hallway when auditions are in progress.
8. Audition results will be posted for the Band and Orchestra directors. Students will be informed of their audition placement via their directors. Students who are selected to participate in a festival will receive their festival music and information packet from their school director. NOTE: Directors are prohibited from taking photos of posted results.
9. Passages marked "cadenza" may not be selected for district audition passages. If you have questions, please contact the band and orchestra repertoire chair and/or band and orchestra audition chair.
Mvt. II, 4th measure after U should be a printed E flat, NOT E natural
Measures 1-8 will be treated as a cadenza, and will NOT be used for auditions.
The two measures before A will be treated as a cadenza and are not eligible for auditions.
Mvt. I, m. 100 - the third to last note in the measure should be an E flat, NOT an E natural
Beat 3 of the third measure of the 4th system from the bottom should be an F sharp, NOT F natural. It should look exactly like the first measure of that system.
Please take note of the following change to the violin audition piece and BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE CORRECT EDITION (using IMSLP):
Violinists must prepare just the first THREE (3) PAGES of the audition piece, Scene de Ballet, Op 100, Charles August de Beriot, arranged by Wilhelm Lutz, published by Schemer/HL, pub #HL50255990 (the edition has not changed, just be sure that you are on the correct one listed on the 2016 Solo List)
Drag & drop your tab 3 content here
Drag & drop your tab 4 content here
B. Only students in grades 10-12 are eligible for Region State festivals.
C. Students must be in ‘good standing’ in their school’s band, orchestra, chorus, or jazz ensemble to be eligible for the respective festival. Exceptions may be granted only if the school does not have provisions for said ensemble participation.
D. Students must be able to attend the entire Festival from registration through the final concert. Exceptions may be made for illness providing the student missed no more that four (4) hours of rehearsal time. Exceptions will be handled according to PMEA guidelines.
E. Students should not apply to auditions for a District Festival if, for any reason, including religious activity, they plan to miss a part of the festival. A student must participate in the complete festival program commencing with registration and concluding with the final concert, except in the case of illness that must be verified in writing by a physician within 5 days of the festival. Students must rehearse and perform all musical compositions selected for the concert.
F. Students must earn membership in a District 7 Festival through a “selective” audition.
G. Home schooled, Cyberschooled and Cyber Charterschooled students will be eligible to participate in PMEA festivals if they are sponsored by their local school district and the appropriate PMEA member/director and if they are members, in good standing, of the local school district’s respective ensemble(s) relative to the festival. (PMEA Policy, January 8, 2011)
Drag & drop your tab 5 content here
2017 PMEA All-State At-Large and Harp Auditions
PMEA All-State Audition Repertoire – At-Large Instruments
All-State At-Large Instruments - Bass Clarinet Update - A second audition etude has been added to the initial one posted. Both etudes must be submitted when auditioning on this instrument for the at-large bass clarinet slot in the 2017 All-State Orchestra ensemble.
All-State Harp - Online audition submissions for Harp (via the Submittable program) will open on Monday, October 17 and close at the end of the day Sunday, November 13. *Requirements have changed for this year's applicants. Applicants must choose two contrasting pieces from the required repertoire list as well as an orchestral/cadenza excerpt from the repertoire list which is posted online. Complete Information can be found in the PMEA All-State Information section of the PMEA website.
More Information including SUBMITTABLE “Windows of Opportunity” and Instructions will be available soon.
Questions please contact Mary Lynne Peters- PMEA All- State Festival Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Drag & drop content here